Translated by SeungYoun Woo
This dish needs tender loving attention to make it well.
The meat should have a darker color and be very tender but should stay as chunks.
*3lbs/1.4kg BEEF SHORT RIBS with bones, cut 2”/5cm
*8 oz/225g RADISH, peeled and cut into chunks
*1 CARROT, cut into chunks
*4 dried SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, soaked in water until soft and cut in half
*6 CHESTNUTS, peeled
*12 GINKGO NUTS, shelled and inner shin removed
*2 SCALLIONS(green part only)
*JIDAN(Yellow and White Egg Pancakes) for garnish p.40
*2/3 cup SOY SAUCE
*2 tablespoons SUGAR
*2 GARLIC CLOVES, crushed
*2 tablespoons SESAME OIL
*1/3 ASIAN PEAR, grated
1. Cover the ribs with cold water for 30-40 minutes. Then bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from the stove and discard the water. Clean the pot and cover the meat with fresh water(approximately 9 cups water) and bring to a boil again. Simmer half covered for 1 hour. Let cool.
2. Drain the liquid into a separate container and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. It makes it easy to skim the fat off the top. In the meantime, combine the meat with marinade and set aside.
3. Add radish, carrot, mushrooms, chestnuts and 1/3 of the liquid from cooking the meat and bring to a boil. Simmer with the cover on. When the liquid is almost all gone, open the lid and add more liquid and continue to cook basting frequently.
4. Repeat until you add all the rest of the liquid. add ginkgo nuts near the end of the cooking. Ginkgo nuts are delicious when they are chewy, do not overcook.
5. Add the green part of scallions at the last minute with black pepper. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with Jidan(Yellow and White Egg Pancakes)
strongly agree about the procedural problems of overseas voting in United Sates. “Currently, the National Assembly has not yet agreed on installing substitute or additional voting places; however, the opinions of the overseas election commissioners will be applied to a policy decision,” said Yang-Ho Seo, the Korean consulate general in Boston.
The senior member, Kang, invested more than 20 hours to attend the seminar
ⓒ 보스톤코리아(http://www.bostonkorea.com), 무단전재 및 재배포 금지